San Francisco Trial Attorney Protects Your Rights
Helping clients resolve complex disputes for more than 35 years
My practice, Fergus, A Law Office, is devoted to helping clients understand, protect and enforce their high-value creative rights, economic rights and fiduciary rights. I have more than 35 years of civil trial experience in high-profile cases and a strong history of vigorously fighting for my clients’ rights in federal and state court. This experience has honed my judgment to evaluate and advise you on matters related to:
- Creative rights — Whether you are an artist, an entrepreneur or business owner, your creative intellectual property rights can be significant. I help clients protect their creative rights in connection with copyright, licensing, entertainment media, trade secrets, and the use of their image and likeness.
- Economic rights — Individuals and corporations can have important economic rights established by contracts — whether commercial agreements, licenses for the use of intellectual property, management agreements, or non-disclosure agreements. There are other important economic rights that are protected by statute – prohibition on unfair competition and unfair business practices. I work aggressively to protect your economic interests.
- Fiduciary rights — I have protected the rights of thousands of unnamed beneficiaries and the fiduciaries appointed to protect their interests which has resulted in the establishment of trust funds totaling several billion dollars. I thoroughly understand the unique responsibilities of fiduciaries and the need to protect beneficiaries who may not be in a position to protect themselves.
For more than 20 years, I practiced in a large, full-service law firm, where I rose to be one of its leading trial lawyers, representing Fortune 500 companies and high net-worth individuals. I am well known as the primary trial lawyer in litigation related to the Enron scandal, involving California and Pacific Northwest Wholesale Electricity and more than $3.0 billion dollars in electricity trades. I thrive on helping my clients, large and small, solve their most important and difficult legal problems.
Robust representation for complex civil litigation in California and throughout the U.S.
Whenever great value to a company or an individual is at stake, it’s important to find the highest level of legal representation. Qualities that set my practice apart include:
- Experience — I have tried nationally prominent cases in federal and state courts throughout the country, and have been a driving force behind settlements ranging from hundreds of millions to billions of dollars.
- Expertise — Clients seek my advice because of expertise in the areas of law where I practice.
- Loyalty — I assist clients in identifying their goals for their litigation, then concentrate my efforts on achieving those goals in the most strategic way I can. I recognize first and foremost that these are your rights that must be protected or vindicated. I work hard to get the best results for you that I possibly can.
- Passion — I am driven to help clients solve their problems. Though I have managed cases for powerful entities, I derive special satisfaction from assisting small businesses and individual plaintiffs. I’m determined to deliver the optimum results possible for each client through zealous advocacy within the confines of the facts and the law.
- Preeminent trial skills — In my trial practice, I manage all aspects of high-profile, data-intense, complex civil litigation. Having tried cases of national import, I’ve demonstrated my ability to represent clients in the most difficult cases.
- Sound judgment — I believe that my judgment about what is possible in litigation as well as the risks is as valuable to a client as my ability to prosecute or defend a case. I have been AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for more than 30 years, signifying the highest level of professionalism and ethics in the practice of law. You can rely on me to give you a clear assessment of the merits of your case, as well as your rights and obligations.
When searching for the highest quality legal representation in California and appropriate areas of the U.S., consider the difference I can make to your case.
Contact Fergus, A Law Office for assistance with complex civil litigation
The experience and ability of your trial attorney can make all the difference to your case. I deliver passionate and dedicated representation for corporate clients and individuals. To schedule a consultation, call me at 415.537.9030 or contact my San Francisco office online.