Gary Fergus: Experience matters
I have successfully protected and defended the rights of individuals, start-ups, and large corporations. Here are examples of cases that illustrate my broad experience as both a plaintiff's and defense counsel:
- Represented as one of the lead plaintiff's counsel for freelance authors nationwide whose copyrighted works were infringed upon by national newspapers and electronic databases on the internet.
- Represented the widow of a celebrity when her deceased husband's likeness was sold on the internet and used by icons of the entertainment industry.
- Represented a minor child whose photograph was used commercially on the internet without consent.
- Represented an inventor and manufacturer of security devices whose trade secrets were taken and whose patent was infringed by another security industry vendor.
- Protected the rights of an inventor of software whose copyrighted source code was used by a major software security vendor.
- Fought for all the minor children who had custodial accounts at Charles Schwab where Schwab allowed the custodian to manage the account after the minor child reached the age of majority.
- Represented shareholder when corporate officers of a new mainland China company misappropriated goodwill and customer relationships.
- Represented Enron as trial counsel in the California Wholesale Electricity Refund Litigation before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission where billions of dollars in damages were claimed against Enron.
- Represented the former Deputy Attorney General of the United States as his trial counsel for his role as the fiduciary for over 20,000 future claimants ($1.2 billion dollars recovered).
- Represented client in connection with rights in 2500 miles of fiber optic cable in Southwestern United States.