Exceptional Representation For High-Stakes Cases Throughout The Country
You go to trial because the issues at stake matter. At Fergus, A Law Office, I understand that — and I excel at managing cases where lives, careers and livelihoods are at risk. I bring more than 35 years of experience in resolving disputes for individuals and businesses, serving clients who are trying to control or undo damage that may profoundly affect their lives.
When I accept a case, I welcome the challenge of bearing responsibility for every aspect of litigation. Having developed a system and the technical resources to assist me in mastering the voluminous data that accrue in complex civil litigation, I am able to operate in a hands-on manner, immersing myself in the minute details on which a case might turn. I also understand the importance of the “narrative” at trial and, as lead counsel, I am able to present evidence and witness testimony within the framework of a comprehensive and compelling argument.
Experience Across A Wide Variety Of Legal Areas And Industries
I have experience in numerous areas of the law, including intellectual property, copyright, trade secrets, entertainment, fiduciary representation, mass torts and product liability. My clients are private individuals and corporate entities in various industries, including technology, energy, telecommunications, manufacturing, medicine and the arts. The most active areas of my practice include:
- Copyright: I represent software creators, writers, artists and musicians in disputes over copyright issues.
- Licensing agreements and litigation: I have helped writers and artists form licensing agreements and assert their rights in court. In a class action representing freelance authors worldwide, I was instrumental in finalizing a settlement for more than $18 million.
- Entertainment, image and likeness litigation: I have helped celebrities and private individuals maintain control over the use of their likenesses for commercial purposes.
- Unfair business practices: In cases involving unfair business practices and trade secret litigation, I represent plaintiffs and defendants in disputes alleging breaches of nondisclosure agreements.
- Fiduciary representation — I have acted as court-appointed attorney for the court-appointed fiduciary for as many as 25,000 absent beneficiaries. In cases where I represented the fiduciary for absent beneficiaries, the settlement amounts collectively exceeded $3.4 billion.
Though I am located in San Francisco, I practice in state and federal courts throughout California and, in appropriate cases, nationwide when specially admitted.
Contact An Experienced Complex Litigation Attorney
At Fergus, A Law Office, I have the experience and ability to capably manage your litigation. Individuals and corporate entities engaged in high-stakes, complex disputes receive passionate legal service and sound judgment from a lawyer who knows how to get results. To schedule a consultation, call me at 866-256-5487 or contact my San Francisco office online.